AFI’s fabric takeback scheme
It’s simple, too much fabric ends up in landfill. At AFI Branding, we print more than 15,000m2 a month and therefore have a responsibility to make a change.
Our fabric takeback scheme, ‘be sustainable’ is the first of its type within our industry. In partnership with BlockTexx, the initiative makes it possible for all fabric printed by AFI Branding to be directly returned for recycling. Through the program, we are aiming to divert 100 tonnes of fabric from landfill in the first year alone, rising to 300 tonnes by year 3.
how does it work?
Any client of AFI Branding can take part in the sustainability initiative.
It works simply by:
- Client returns fabric to AFI Branding in Carrum Downs, Victoria
- Fabric is sorted and separated and stored at AFI Branding
- Naked fabric transported to BlockTexx textile waste recycling centre from January 2020 onwards
- BlockTexx S.O.F.T.™ process: from fabric separation, BlockTexx creates two high quality recycled materials –
- rPET for use in textiles, packaging, food containers, bottles and building products.
- Powdered Cellulose for use in textiles, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and food products.
Want to know more?
If you’re interested in learning how you can make a difference to landfill and how we can support your business in sustainability at this part of the supply chain, then get in touch today. We’d love to chat and make a difference together, one stitch at a time.